Jay Morjaria's take on Jajangmyeon, Korean Black Bean Noodles.
- 500g Dried Kalguksu noodles
- 1 tbsp rapeseed or neutral oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 1tsp garlic - minced
- 1 medium courgette - diced
- 3 tbsp Hodmedods - Fava bean umami paste
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 large cucumber (150g / 5.3 ounces)
- Hard boiled egg (alternative)
- Spring onions
- STep 01: Sauté the Vegetables
1 tbsp rapeseed or neutral oil, 1 onion - diced, 1tsp garlic - minced, 1 medium courgette - diced
Heat a saucepan on a medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil
Fry the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent
Add the diced courgettes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Step 02: Make the Sauce
3 tbsp Hodmedods - Fava bean umami paste 1 tbsp Mirin 100ml water 1 tbsp Cornflour
In a separate bowl mix the fava bean paste, mirin, water and cornflour together. Pour into the frying pan and cook for a further 2 mins. The mixture should thicken and coat the vegetables. Set aside while you cook the noodles.
- Step 03: Finish and Garnish
500g Dried Kalguksu noodles, Garnish
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain. Reheat the sauce and serve with the noodles.
You can garnish with spring onions, sliced cucumbers and a hard boiled egg.