Butter Bean ‘Hummus’
"A lovely summery hummus made with store cupboard ingredients" - Maria Elia
- 160g artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil (from a 200g jar)
- ¾ jar Queen butter beans
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10g basil leaves
- Step 01: Prep the Artichokes
160g artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil (from a 200g jar)
Drain the artichokes reserving the oil, and roughly chop.
- Step 02: Blend Ingredients
¾ jar Queen butter beans, 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 10g basil leaves
Place the garlic, lemon juice and artichokes in a food processor and pulse blitz to break down.
Add the butter beans, ¾’s of the basil, a pinch of sea salt and a spoonful or two of the bean liquor, blitz, slowly add the artichoke oil and blitz until smooth.
Adjust the seasoning to taste, adding a little more lemon juice if necessary.
Meet The Chef